GHSA Changing Rules
August 03, 2004
Beginning with the 2004 season, the Georgia High School Association has changed some football rules that may be of interest to Red Devil fans.
Click here for more rule changes, as posted on GAVSV.And here's the final word on one "change" that had Augusta area coaches scratching their head. Well, almost all of them - but not LC.
- The protest rule has been deleted entirely.
- When computing stadium capacity, a seat width of 24", rather than the previous 18", will be used.
- A stadium must have 2,500 seats to host a Class A football game.
- Head coaches may call timeouts from the sidelines.
- Legal conferences may be held on field (one coach, 11 players, three attendants) or within 5 yards of the sideline (any number of players and coaches).